Raxian Forum
Please log in or register
Raxian Forum
Please log in or register
Raxian Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Raxian affairs.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dock Shielding of Raxians

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Karanthis Kal-kari

Dock Shielding of Raxians Empty
PostSubject: Dock Shielding of Raxians   Dock Shielding of Raxians Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 2:03 am

Dock Shielding is an important mechanism to defend ourselves against pirates and potential threats. Raxia has been through some uncertain and dangerous times, and whilst at the moment it seems quiet, I do not believe we should be less vigilant.

Dock Shielding is essentially attacking a ship (and allied ship usually :P ) that is docked at a Space Dock. Ideally the attacks should be made with a single ion cannon. This ensures that no damage is done to hulls, and minimal damage to shields, whilst also saving the turns of the attacker. If your ship cannot take an ion, then just use a single laser instead. It is highly recommended to get shields on your ship.
The effect of these attacks is to do bring up the space docks shields, and therefore not allow other ships with nasty intent to attack and even destroy you.

Therefore I will be attempting to dock shield those I find at Zeta (as I have been doing for sometime now) or URA space docks (and other space docks that I may happen to visit) as often as I can. I'll try to remember to put in a simple attack message saying that I am shielding. Of course, if I think the return fire is going to significantly impact my ability to shield others or significantly damage me, please appreciate that I may not be able to shield you.

Of course, I will not be able to dock shield everyone, so I propose that all Raxians attempt to dock shield others. If we all share the load then we will be able to protect ourselves more comprehensively. Just remember shoot single shots to minimise damage, use 1 gun not all of your ships guns (so you might have to save one slot for a dock shielding gun), make sure you scan your allies weapons - you don't want to get damaged or destroyed by their return fire! And try to remember to communicate that you are dock shielding.

And before I forget, if your ship is dock shielded by another, once you undock it will be one hour before you can redock your ship unless more than 24 hours (I think) has elapsed since you were dock shielded. NOTE 24 hours is 14.4 CE so you can check the last CE date that you were attacked in your attack log and add 14.4 to work out when 24 hours is :-)

Any thoughts on this idea?
Back to top Go down

Dock Shielding of Raxians
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Raxian Forum :: Raxian Affairs :: War and Defence-
Jump to: