Raxian Forum
Please log in or register
Raxian Forum
Please log in or register
Raxian Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Raxian affairs.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Firefox over Internet Explorer and IRC clients over Mibbit

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gratelight

Gratelight

Firefox over Internet Explorer and IRC clients over Mibbit Empty
PostSubject: Firefox over Internet Explorer and IRC clients over Mibbit   Firefox over Internet Explorer and IRC clients over Mibbit Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 12:34 am

Hello.

I just wanted to touch base on a few good browsing habbits. Not only is IE a huge security hole for an online computer, But CSG has had issues playing the game using IE as well. I would suggest anyone not already doing so to visit www.mozilla.com and download/install Firefox. It will be a much faster and smoother browser, And will help play the game as well as secure Your computer a lil' more. Wink

On another note ... We are able to install and use an IRC client such as Chatzilla(Mozilla add-on), MIRC, and a variety of other IRC clients instead of Mibbit. There's many benifits to using an IRC client. It will truely give the user more power and options. Mibbit tends to fail while us IRC client users stay in chat. Clients can also do a variety of things like log chats, use scripts for different reasons, connect to multiple rooms upon connection from memory.

I personally use Chatzilla, So I'll speak of what I know about this client. Maybe others that Use MIRC and other clients can add their knowledge to this topic as well. Simply google chatzilla or visit https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/16. Download and install. You'll need to restart Firefox. (Yes You'll need to have Firefox installed Wink )
After You restart Firefox, Go to "tools" along the menu bar, Select Chatzilla, And the Chatzilla client will load. From there, You'll need to connect to our pbbg server. Some connections will have issues connecting especially if they're using a VPN, tunneling, or externally IP. Most "legal" players won't have this issue. :P To connect to the server, enter "/server irc.pbbgchat.com" in the command/chat line. If You have no issues, You'll briefly connect. Once You're in the server, You need to connect to the rooms. You can connect to CSG by typing "/join #cs_galaxies Command" Command is the password to connect, Don't forget to capitalize the C. Wink You can connect to anyroom like our Raxian room by using the /join command. Once connected to a server or room, You may also right-click the tab of the server/room along the bottom, and choose "open this Network/channel at startup" so You don't have to retype and join each time You load up Chatzilla. Please contact others or myself if You have any issues trying to utilize this client.

Goodluck. :P

~ Gratelight ~
Back to top Go down
https://el33t.board-directory.net

Firefox over Internet Explorer and IRC clients over Mibbit
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Raxian Forum :: Community :: Browsing suggestions-
Jump to: